About Western University
Western University is located on nearly 400 acres of land along the banks of the Thames River in London, Ontario, Canada. The University has approximately 35,000 students and 1,400 faculty members. Founded on March 7, 1878 by the Anglican Diocese of Huron, the University opened its doors to students in 1881 with four faculties – Arts, Divinity, Law and Medicine. Western is a leader in wind engineering, business education and medical advancement.
About the Don Wright Faculty of Music
The Faculty of Music was officially formed in 1968. The name changed to the Don Wright Faculty of Music in 2002, following a generous donation by alumnus, Dr. Donald J. Wright. Western’s Faculty of Music is one of the largest in the country and is still growing. There are 600 undergraduate students and 150 graduate students. The Faculty is small enough that students can have working relationships with their professors and colleagues, yet large enough to support a full symphony orchestra, prize-winning choirs, fully staged operas, jazz and various other wind ensembles. They perform more than 350 concerts each year.
Available to students are: 150 practice rooms, studios and rehearsal rooms, a 400-seat fully-equipped theatre, 250-seat recital hall, video and digital audio recording facilities, two New York Steinway concert grand pianos, one Hamburg Steinway concert grand piano, one Kawai concert grand piano, five Yamaha disklaviers, 140 acoustic pianos and 40 digital pianos, two fortepianos, five harpsichords and six pipe organs, a string bank of more than 40 valuable instruments for loan and hundreds of other orchestral and band instruments, including period instruments.
- Bachelor of Music (BMus) with Honours in:
- Music Education
- Music History
- Music Theory and Composition
- Music Performance (Orchestral Instrument, Organ, Piano, Voice)
- Bachelor of Musical Arts (BMusA)
- Bachelor of Musical Arts
- Bachelor of Musical Arts with Honours Music
- Western/Fanshawe Collaborative Degree/Diploma in Music Recording Arts (MRA)
- Bachelor of Arts (BA)
- Honors Specialization in Music
- Specialization in Music Administrative Studies (MAS)
- Major in Popular Music Studies
- Major in Music
- Minor in Music
- Minor in Dance
- Music Performance Diploma (3 year)
- Artist Diploma (1 year)
- Piano Technology Certificate