Mount Allison University
Mount Allison University, located in Sackville, NB, is widely recognized as one of Canada's top undergraduate universities. Founded in 1839, Mount Allison, and its student-centered approach to education, has been ranked the #1 undergraduate university in Canada by Maclean's magazine, for 14 of the last 20 years. A liberal arts and sciences university with a myriad of academic and extracurricular activities, Mount Allison counts many of Canada's top business, cultural, and community leaders among its graduates.
Faculty of Arts
- Modern Languages and Literatures
- Fine Arts
- Religious Studies
About Mount Allison
- Inspiring liberal arts and science environment with the freedom to explore
- Degrees in Arts, Science, Commerce, Music, and Fine Arts
- 2,500 students and 16:1 student-to-faculty ratio
- 40 majors and minors to choose from and flexibility to create your own degree
- Small class sizes
- Faculty and graduates of the world's top universities
- Alumni regularly admitted to the world's top graduate and professional schools
- Teaches creative problem solving skills that can lead to a host of careers
- English and psychology are two of the University's most popular majors
- Wide variety of theatre, music, and fine arts opportunities
Drama is one of Mount Allison’s specialties. As such, it is the home of the Motyer-Fancy Theatre, a stage where students can hone their dramatic skills and where performances are held regularly. It is the absolute ideal place for aspiring students of drama.
The Motyer-Fancy Theatre is a flexible black-box studio production space that serves as the primary laboratory facility for the Drama Program at Mount Allison University. As such, it is the centre of informed, guided, process-driven theatre production on the campus. The facility is dedicated to learning and teaching about all aspects of drama and theatre through an approach that features creative problem solving in a structured, safe, and well-equipped environment.
Participation in Drama Studies productions and events in the Motyer-Fancy Theatre is open to all members of the Mount Allison community, whether or not they are studying Drama formally, providing a unique opportunity for development of theatre skills in an environment energized and informed by the work of students Majoring or Minoring in Drama Studies.