About Douglas College
Douglas College was founded in 1970 and is located near Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. It serves over 22,000 students each year, with campuses in New Westminster and Coquitlam. There is also a Training Centre in Surrey. Douglas College is committed to enhancing the skills, knowledge and values of life-long learners in meeting their goals. The College responds to diverse community needs in a rapidly changing society.
About the Faculty of Language, Literature and Performing Arts
Our Faculty has eight departments and six programs, as well as events and activities open to the College community and members of the public. Studying in our Faculty can lead to the completion of university-transfer courses, citations, certificates, diplomas, associate degrees or degrees.
- Creative Writing
- English as a Second Language (ESL)
- English Upgrading (formerly DVST Reading and Writing)
- Modern Languages
- Performing and Fine Arts (including the Bachelor of Performing Arts )
- Student Success
- Music (including Basic Musicianship , Music Technology and University Transfer)
- Print Futures: Professional Writing
- Stagecraft and Event Technology
- Teaching English as a Second Language (TESL)
- Women's Studies and Gender Relations